RAIRDA is an alliance bringing together patient organisations to campaign for improved care for people living with rare autoimmune rheumatic diseases in the UK
Supporter Action Call
We’re calling on you to help us #ResetTheBalanceForRAIRDs.
You can do this by writing to Parliamentarians to help raise the profile of our work, including calling for a quality standard for rare disease.
- Protection against the ongoing threat of COVID-19 and other viruses
- Quicker and more effective processes for diagnosis
- Better access to treatments – including new and innovative drugs across the UK
- Better co-ordination of care
- Improving access to specialist care and knowledge within the workforce
- Reducing inequalities in access to high quality care and treatment
Over 160,000 people with rare autoimmune rheumatic diseases like vasculitis, lupus, scleroderma and Sjögren’s syndrome live in the UK.Source
(Peach, E., Rutter, M., Lanyon, P., Grainge, M., Hubbard, R., Aston, J., Bythell, M., Stevens, S. and Pearce, F., 2020. Risk of death among people with rare autoimmune diseases compared with the general population in England during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. Rheumatology, 60(4), pp.1902-1909.)
Around 1 in 1,000 people have some form of lupus in the UK.Source